Sushi Bowl

Sushi Bowl


This is my husband's favorite dinner ever. It might look complicated but you wouldn't believe how easy it is to make! My favorite thing about this dish is that you can switch it up in so many ways so it never gets boring. I've added ingredients, switched out ingredients, and have even made a Hawaii Sushi Bowl! 

I usually make this dish at least once a week! 

You will need:

  • Chicken- tenderloins are best in this recipe 
  • 3 Large Carrots- cut long 
  • 1 Cucumber- cut long (Think of what they look like cut up in sushi)
  • 1 Avocado- cut in cubes 
  • 2 handfuls of Mixed greens- dark leafed lettuce 
  • Kale- cooked, I keep it on low heat with some coconut oil or olive oil and sesame seeds
  • Pickled ginger- I didn't think I would find this at my local grocery store but I actually found it in the International isle!
  • Mayo
  • Sriracha- I make my own Sriracha mayo and its not as scary as it sounds! It's very easy actually! it just takes one part mayo and one part Sriracha mixed together and that's all! 
  • Sesame seeds
  • Rice- I usually make 2 to 3 cups
  • Coconut milk- Canned, 1 can
  • Sesame seed oil 
  • Korean BBQ sauce- teriyaki sauce also works



Start your rice, add a whole can of coconut milk to it. While your coconut rice is cooking warm up 2 tablespoons of sesame seed oil and add your chicken. Add enough Korean BBQ sauce (or teriyaki sauce) to almost completely cover your chicken. Turn to med heat and cover. While your rice and chicken are cooking, its time to cut your carrots and cucumbers-set aside. Cook your kale-set aside. Time to make your homemade Sriracha mayo. Going back to your chicken, if my husband and I are super hungry I will even turn my stove up to a "8" and turn often. When the chicken is almost cooked all the way I will cut it up with my spatula while it's still cooking in the pan. Don't forget to mix in sesame seeds when chicken is done. Once coconut rice and chicken is cooked all the way its time for your plating. This is where it gets fun and you can get as artistic as you like! I love to add the rice in the middle and shape it into a ball. Then I add my chicken on top and add all my sides around the chicken and rice- don't forget the mixed greens, avocado, and picked ginger! I put my Sriracha mayo into a plastic condiment bottle so I can squeeze it out artistically onto my plate- you can find a condiment bottle at your local grocery store usually. Last but not least, I sprinkle sesame seeds on top. 

I really hope you will try this recipe out because it's fun to make and tastes amazing! Let me know in the comments if you've tried and loved it, or have any suggestions or questions! I'd also love to see how you decorate it on your plate! 

Comments

  1. Wow that looks delicious!! I'm gonna try and make this! Thanks for the recipe! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts